F1 visa interview question.
Abroad / USA:
- Why you want to go to US?
- Why did you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
- Is it necessary to study abroad?
- Why don’t you study this course at your own country?
- What do you know about US education?
- Do you know anyone in US?
- How long will you study in USA?
Univresity + Course:
- Why have you chosen this university?
- Why this University and not other Universities?
- What do you know about your university?
- What is special about this university?
- How many Universities have you applied?(both admits and rejects)
- How many I-20’s you have
- Why applied to only one university?
- Did you get in touch with any professors in this Univ
- Mention some professor’s names?
- Do you get any kind of scholarships from this Univ
- Why do you want to study this course?
- What do you know about course you’ve chosen?
- What are you going to study in this course?
- Do you know anyone (in USA) in your University?
- Why do you think the University is giving you a scholarship?
- Why do you plan to do PhD?
- Have you paid your semester fees?
- Do you know anyone in your University?
- How do you know about this university?
- What is your university yearly expense?
- Who will sponsor your education?
- Do you have enough funds to study in USA?
- What is your source of income?
- How will you finance your education in case you failed to manage fund after completing first year?
- If you didn’t have funding, even then would you consider going to USA?
- How many years do you intend to stay in US?
- What will you do after completion of your studies?
- Don’t you intend to work in USA?
- How can you assure me that you’ll return back after your studies in USA?
- What will you do after coming back?
- You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
- When did you graduate
- Where have you done your Under Graduation?
- What is your major / What was your bachelor’s degree in?
- Are you going to continue in the same major
- What is your Undergraduate GPA/Percentage?
- Why don’t you have good CGPA/marks in your previous studies?
- Show me your GRE scorecard.
- Why are your GRE/TOEFL scores low?
- Do you have any experience
- Show your experience certificate?
- How often do you want to visit your home country? / Will you come home during summer?
- Have your ever been to US or any other country
- Who earns in your family?
- What does your father do?
- What is your father’s income?
- Parent’s retired. Then how will they pay?
- Who are there in your family?
- Where do your parents live?
- Does anybody from your family stay or study abroad?
- Do you have any relatives in USA?
- Have you got any loans?
- Show your Bank Statement?
- Why are you leaving your current job?(if you are working)
- What are your responsibilities in your current job?
- Where did you brother/parents complete their studies?
- What will you do if your visa is rejected?
- Tell me about yourself?
- What does success mean to you?
- Where do you plan to be in 5 years from now?
- Tell about your achievements?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What are your career goals?
- What are your hobbies?
What's Your Reaction?