Now Reading
6 Ways – How to Stay in the US Legally After Graduation?

6 Ways – How to Stay in the US Legally After Graduation?

How to Stay in the US Legally After Graduation

If you’re an international student studying in the United States, you may be wondering what’s next after graduation. You may also be concerned about your legal status in the US after your studies are complete. Don’t worry – there are several options available to you that will allow you to stay in the US legally after graduation. In this blog post, we’ll explore those options and help you choose the best one for you. Stay tuned!

How to Stay in the US Legally After Graduation?

An international student’s path to employment-based citizenship

When you come to the United States as an international student, one of your goals is likely to be obtaining employment-based citizenship. This process can seem daunting, but with the right information and resources, it’s achievable. Here are some tips to help you on your way.

Optional practical training (OPT)

The OPT program is a great opportunity for international students on F-1 visas. In this extra time allowed, these individuals can explore their options and get an idea of what they want to do with themselves before returning home or continuing forward in life outside academia!

When you are looking for jobs that only require an employee to work on-site, then reaching out to the international student counselor at your university can help. Websites such as OPT Nation provide great resources and job leads too! Try searching through contract positions with limited terms; employers often prefer these types of employees because they stay longer than others do–so it’s important not just to have any kind but rather one who will stick around until graduation or other exit strategy plans come into play (I).

The OPT is a great opportunity to build valuable connections in your industry and prove yourself as an expert while earning some money. It’s not just about getting a green card or visa status after finishing school; you can also stay longer with H-1B Visa Status!
This might sound like bad news at first because it means we’ll have less time left on our visas, but think of all those contacts from working hard during college–now they’re going to be able to take us seriously when we approach them later down the line thanks for showing what kind Of Professional

H-1B visa (non-immigrant visa)

Graduating from a US university is an accomplishment that many people strive for. But, if you want to take your dream of living and working in America seriously by getting one of these coveted H-1B visas available only on behalf of American companies then it’s important not just any employer can sponsor them – they need specifically specified qualifications that might make all the difference between approval or rejection!

If your employer has filed for employment-based permanent residency in the past, they may be able to extend this privilege and allow you to stay on an H-1B visa longer than six years. This is possible because of a law that was passed back when we had Bowling Green Chips! If there’s anything else about what does or doesn’t count as “us” write it down so I can tell everyone at work tomorrow morning…

Green card

The green card is the ultimate goal for any non-native living in America. International students have an upper hand when it comes to receiving this special status because they’ve spent enough time here legally and can’t easily be replaced by another applicant with less experience or education under their belt, but anyone who wants more than just temporary visitor status should apply too! Not only will you get access to all sorts of goodies like work permits, financial assistance programs (like USDA loans), and permanent residency after seven years as well–you’ll also.

The US immigration system is a complicated one, but with the right credentials and dedication, it’s possible to achieve your green card. In order for an individual or company in America to have hope of achieving this goal, they will need two things: firstly; proof that shows how valuable you’ve been as part of their workforce (i e- employment-based petition). Secondly -and most importantly-, there must be some form
As self-employed people often find themselves without work due to illness which means they are unable to provide enough evidence showing what contributions did make at previous companies so please visit our page on the USCIS website.

An international student’s path to non-employment-based citizenship

As an international student, one of the most important things to consider is your path to citizenship. If you’re not planning on working in the US, your best bet for citizenship is through a non-employment-based route. There are a few different options available, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Here’s a look at the most common paths to non-employment-based citizenship in the United States.

Immediate family sponsorship

There’s an easy way to get green card status in the US. If you have a family member who is American Citizen, they can sponsor your legal entrance into America with just two documents: their Declaration or petitioning form filed at any immigrant visa center across this great nation and proof that proves how closely related (through the blood) we really are! Find more information on our webpage about USCIS’ Family of Americans page where I’ve attached some helpful graphics which might help explain things visually for those struggling readers out there 😉


If you want to be a US citizen, getting married is the only way. You cannot automatically get permanent residency through your spouse – it’s all done in an application process with intensive standards that must meet before being approved
When applying for either type of visa (ie: immigrant or non-immigrant), there are certain criteria that applicants must meet including but not limited to; income levels*, *ties* Vinyl Surgery Los Angeles County California*. So if this sounds interesting please contact one of our licensed attorneys today!

Military service

The U.S military is looking for international students who have attended universities in America to serve as interpreters or medical specialists without a green card! If you’re qualified – which means that your citizenship hasn’t been revoked by being abroad too long- then this could be an opportunity of a lifetime; there’s no limit on how many years someone can apply either so don’t miss out if it applies directly towards YOU!.

You may be able to gain citizenship faster by serving in the US military, but there are some important things you should know before taking this step. For starters, your service won’t automatically make you eligible for green card status and instead will only provide an accelerated path – which means that five years of required residency stay within America is not necessary if they serve abroad during their time on active duty (or as reservists). However-and most importantly! This option isn’t available now or likely ever again so think hard about whether being extra careful with nonpermanent resident visas might actually benefit someone else more than themself.

So, you’ve just finished your degree and the next step is finding a job in your field. But what if there are no jobs in your area? Or, what if you want to stay in the United States after graduation? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we will outline seven ways that you can stay in the US legally after graduation.


Disclaimer: It’s not legal advice and information collected from the internet.

What's Your Reaction?
In Love
Not Sure
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top